This position is for Farwest’s subsidiary company, Rose City Rebar & Post Tensioning, located in Portland, Oregon.
This position will consist mostly of Estimator duties, but will also have a Detailer component to it.
Purpose of the Position: Calculate estimated quantities of post tensioning cable on a per project basis using bid documents and drawings. Provide initial customer contact in person or by phone for the purpose of quoting, negotiating, and writing orders. Produce post tensioning shop drawings to facilitate field placement. Coordinate material orders with the customer and generate bar lists for fabrication from the shop drawings. Distribute bid dollars appropriately through the entire contract, including managing change orders and billing schedules with administrative personnel.
- Provide technical estimates of post tension cable for construction projects and prepare bids for customers. Follow up on bid lists and bid confirmations.
- Work with Sales Manager on pricing strategies.
- Interpret contract drawings to produce shop drawings and production lists.
- Coordinate ordering of material with the client to meet construction schedules in conjunction with operations personnel. Enter orders timely and accurately.
- Respond to field requests for detailing errors, construction errors, and design changes in a manner that will enhance customer satisfaction, while protecting the company’s profitability and reputation.
- Initiate phone calls to clients and field contacts regarding schedules, the accuracy of detailing, accuracy of fabrication, and general wellbeing of all projects.
- Maintain file regarding percent of contract shipped, percent billed, and general organization and communicate with administrative personnel to assure proper billing schedules.
- Actively participate and contribute in team meetings.
- GED or high school diploma required.
- Previous AutoCAD experience required.
- Previous construction estimating, detailing, or office experience preferred.
- Computer skills and ability to learn programs related to construction required.
- Compliance to adhere to the company’s office standards.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products is required.
Farwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Farwest is a drug Free workplace.