Purpose of This Position: To operate Laser machines (Trumpf and Amada) at maximum machine efficiency, generating highest part quality and performing general machine preventative maintenance based on safety and best practices in the steel service industry.
Major Duties Performed:
- Work as a key member of an efficient production team and produce parts accurately and in an manner and follow any specific position protocols.
- Positively communicate with crane operators, machine operators, and parts processors to facilitate production and minimize . Work with crane operators to maximize throughput in the .
- Review work instructions and verify consistency between batch ticket, and material, size, part numbers, revision, process, material thickness/ grade.
- Verify Heat number with certification and follow certification procedure
- Participate in a environment through best practices including promoting of company safety policies, OSHA guidelines, maintenance of a 5S .
- Perform a first article inspection thickness, measurements, and cut quality on each line item.
- Enhance customer satisfaction by ensuring parts meet quality expectations of machine manufacturer and customer.
- Accurately fill out paper paperwork.
- Mark remnants for re-stocking, add color code, heat number, thickness, and REM number.
- Consistently look to reduce operational cost: maximum material usage, maximize machine on time, maximize usage, protect equipment, observe and enforce safety protocols
- Cross train on other equipment to allow flexibility to Farwest.
- Clean equipment and work area after use each day.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Warehouse training or prior experience preferred
- Ability to read and write in English and to follow written instructions and record work activities performed.
- Ability to make accurate mathematical calculations, understand written and oral instruction
Farwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Farwest is a drug free workplace.