The Purpose of this Position: Produce rebar shop drawings and to facilitate field placement. Coordinate material orders with the customer and generate bar lists for fabrication from the shop drawings. Maximize shop activity by scheduling manufacturing with the warehouse. Maintain the highest pounds per hour detailed without sacrificing accuracy. Distribute bid dollars appropriately through the entire contract, including managing change orders and billing schedules with administrative personnel.
- Interpret contract drawings and construction plans to produce shop and lists in a manner that will minimize material waste (remnants), and maximize timely delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Coordinate ordering of material with the to meet construction schedules in conjunction with operations personnel. Enter orders timely and accurately.
- Respond to field requests for detailing errors, construction errors, and design changes in a manner that will enhance customer satisfaction, while protecting the company’s profitability and reputation.
- Initiate phone calls to and field contacts regarding schedules, the of detailing, accuracy of fabrication, and general wellbeing of all projects.
- Maintain files regarding percent of contract shipped, percent billed, and general organization and communicate with administrative personnel to assure proper billing schedules.
- High school diploma or GED. (Strong math & analytical skills)
- Knowledge of (CAD) and exposure to all phases of processes.
- The ability to work in a team and customers.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution skills.
- Minimum of 6 years of detailing experience.
Farwest Steel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Farwest Steel Corporation is a drug free workplace.