Shift: Swing Shift
The Purpose of This Position: Responsible for ensuring the safe profitable and efficient operations for the assigned production area. Promotes the culture and values of Farwest at all times. Duties include planning, management of workflow and directing daily activities to ensure on-time delivery and quality standards. Areas of responsibility for this position are high definition plasma tables, flame tables, structural laser, saws and shipping and receiving of materials.
- Responsible for managing staff including coordinating hiring, training, safety orientation, cross-training, and all facets of performance management.
- Establishes production performance metrics and monitors against goal accomplishment, including on-time delivery standards and quality measures. Comprehends and uses business financial metrics including safety, ROA, expense, and budget to evaluate department performance.
- Responsible for evaluating the performance of team members and providing frequent and timely feedback. Ensures all work and attendance meets established standards and guidelines.
- Involved in planning and implementing new production processes and working to improve existing processes.
- Monitors production levels and makes recommendations to adjust staffing to correspond.
- Coordinate the production flow, reviews processing schedules and production orders daily to allocate resources accordingly. Coordinates with other warehouse supervisors to share human resources as appropriate.
- Promote safety awareness, accident investigation, and proper accident report submission.
- Maintain housekeeping standards at a high level at all times.
- Experience with plasma tables, flame tables, lasers & saws
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum 3 years of steel service center experience required.
- Prior experience in the steel distribution center is a plus.
- Ability to read blueprints. Competent in the use of MS Office and PC
- Reading, writing, math and communication skills required.
- Material handling equipment experience required.
- Valid Driver’s License.
Farwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Farwest is a drug free workplace.