Farwest Steel Corporation currently has an opportunity for an Account Specialist that will be based out of either the Renton, Washington or Moses Lake, Washington location.
Purpose of The Position:
To provide high touch service to key accounts of Farwest Steel. Assist in all facets of providing support to large customer accounts. Strong interface with customer via phone and email. Also will routinely interface with Farwest Account Representative if one is assigned to the account.
- Receive and input orders from key accounts.
- Ensures customer orders are expedited and tracks orders in system to ensure schedules and order commitments are met.
- Monitors customer demand and works with customer account purchasing department.
- Communicates customer demand changes to relevant Farwest personnel to signal production changes.
- Assists in coordination and tracking of orders being shipped to customer.
- Coordinates processing of all customer returns and credits.
- Monitors part profitability by line on a routine basis and makes recommendations for pricing review to the appropriate Farwest personnel
- Participates in first article paperwork collection and submittals to the customer.
- Where appropriate will offer customer information on depth of services of Farwest Steel Corporation. Always offering quality metal solutions to ensure customer success.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Background in metals is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills. Professional phone demeanor.
- Customer service oriented/experience.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Exhibit great listening and recording skills.
- Proficiency with computer and MS Office programs.
- Preference given to candidates with advanced Excel spreadsheet expertise.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as externally with customers.
- Able to adapt to different social settings, perform routine office support, understand written and oral instruction, and make accurate mathematical calculations.
- Ability to multi-task and work in fast paced environment.
Farwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Farwest is a drug free workplace.