Route: Redding, Ca South to Chico, Marysville / Yuba City.
Must live in the Redding/Anderson area. This is a daily route and home every night.
Purpose of The Position: Operate a semi-truck and trailer in a safe and professional manner. Deliver material to our customers with the highest level of courtesy and respect and be a front line representative of Farwest.
- Enhance customer satisfaction by delivering material to customer locations on time and with professional attitude
- Accurately pick up backhauls and fabricated material
- Share information with sales staff that will help improve customer service and on time deliveries
- Comply with Federal requirements by maintaining equipment to ensure safe operation
- Perform required equipment checks and see that all deficiencies are repaired and documented, this includes scheduling routine maintenance of all kinds and keeping the tractor clean and presentable
- Must have secure location to park the tractor each day
- Maintain an accurate log book at all times
- Current Class A CDL license with air brake endorsement and a valid DOT medical card
- 5 years’ tractor/trailer driving experience with a good driving record
- Must be able to read, write and speak English and have the ability to understand written and oral instruction
- Ability to work alone as well as in a team environment and treat customers with courtesy and tact
- Ability to make mathematical calculations
Farwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Drug Free Workplace.